Should you wash your face or brush your teeth first? Getting it wrong can put years on your face.
PLUS Win 3xsilk cleansing cloths and 2 x silk pillowcases with £120!
This Is Silk’s skincare routine tweak slows the ageing process
Founder of This Is Silk, Sonal Keay has identified one small change to your cleansing routine that can make a huge difference to how quickly your face ages over the years. The simple skincare hack is taking social media by storm.
Is your beauty routine ageing you?
We spend a fortune on expensive eye creams and serums for the skin around our eyes, but often forget to care for the delicate skin around our mouths. Fine lines and wrinkles in this area can add years to your face. Choosing to brush your teeth before or after cleansing can make a big difference to your skin.
Before we let you in on the secret, which do you do first in your daily routine?
Click on the image which applies to you to enter!
So…should you wash your face or brush your teeth first?
Sonal Keay is a skincare expert, who has developed a range of silk-based beauty products including silk cleansing cloths which are proven to slow the ageing process. She says you should ALWAYS brush your teeth before cleansing your face.
Always brush your teeth first! But why?
The science behind this is jaw-droppingly simple. Sonal says:
“We spend a lot of time, effort and money cleansing our faces and then applying beautiful serums and creams to slow down the ageing process – I know I do! Many people then make the HORRIBLE mistake of brushing their teeth afterwards. This strips away all the amazing creams and serums, not to mention the skin’s natural oils. The onslaught of water, abrasive toothpaste and then wiping the skin with a rough towel leaves the skin around your mouth where we are prone to wrinkles, stripped and sensitive. Doing this every day over a lifetime will accelerate the ageing of the skin and add years to your face.”
The switch to always brushing your teeth first is a remarkable simple and cost-free way to delay the ageing process, and is something everyone can do.
This Is Silk’s skincare products revolve around eliminating friction from the skin. Friction is one of the biggest causes of fine lines and wrinkles. Fabrics such as cotton are very abrasive on a cellular level, and can damage delicate skin. Cotton also absorbs oils, moisturisers and water from the skin, leaving it stripped and dehydrated.
Use silk wherever you can
Sonal’s beauty routine involves using silk cleansing cloths to wipe away make-up and impurities, because cotton and muslin can be far too abrasive and ageing. Then Sonal sleeps on a 22 momme pure silk pillowcase to promote smoother skin, slower ageing and thicker, healthier hair. All from avoiding friction by using pure silk.
Ts & Cs
#WASHFIRST #BRUSHFIRST COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms and conditions – This Is Silk competition.
- By entering the promotion, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and receive the email newsletter from This Is Silk. They may unsubscribe at any time.
Promoter: The Promoter is THIS IS SILK, Halt View, Chesterton Lane, Cirencester, GL7 1YD United Kingdom (the “Promoter”).
- How to enter:
- To enter this promotion, entrants must answer the wash or brush first poll, enter their email address and consent to receiving the This Is Silk newsletter.
- Entrants must be UK residents, aged 18 years or over. This promotion is not open to any employees of the Promoter or any of their affiliate companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion.
- Entries submitted on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted.
- If applicable, copyright in all entries shall belong to the Promoter.
- No purchase is necessary. No refund may be claimed for expenses incurred in participating in the promotion, including in relation to the use of the internet.
- Promotion Period: The promotion is open to entries from 00.00 BST on 14/05/2021 until 23.59 BST on 30/06/2021.
- The promoter is offering entrants the chance to win three silk cleansing cloths and two silk pillowcases in Snow White. There is one prize only to be won.
- The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-exchangeable and there is no cash alternative offered. The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- How is the winner selected and notified:
- The winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period by an independent person, or under the supervision of an independent person.
- The winner will be contacted within 2 days of the draw via Direct Message/ comment on the original entry and will be asked to provide their full name and address. If a winner declines a prize or fails to respond within the required period, they forfeit any right to the prize. If a winner fails to respond within 4 days of this initial contact, a redraw will take place from the remaining valid entries to select a new winner. A winner may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- The prize will be sent via registered post to the address supplied within 2 weeks of notification and the winner will be required to sign to acknowledge receipt.
- The Promoter reserves the right to discount any inappropriate or offensive entries and to disqualify any entries if the Promoter, at its sole discretion, believes that there has been an attempt to manipulate or tamper with the operation of the promotion (including, without limitation, by setting up multiple social media accounts in order to submit multiple entries).
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside its reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this promotion without prior notice.
- Entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. No correspondence will be entered into in respect of the Promoter’s decisions.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind and has no responsibility for lost, delayed or misdirected entries. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any infringement of any third party intellectual property rights caused by entrants entering this promotion.
- If any of these terms and conditions are found by a court or regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the remaining other provisions shall continue to apply.
- The Promoter shall use entrants’ personal data for the purposes of carrying out the promotion, the email newsletter, and in the case of winner’s data, as set out in the Promoter’s privacy notice available at https://thisissilk.com/pages/privacy-policy.
- Subject to the winner’s rights under applicable data protection legislation, the Promoter shall be entitled to use and feature the name of the Competition winner for publicity purposes and winners agree that they will participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter or its agencies.
- The Promoter will make the winner’s surname and county of residence available on request to anyone who sends a stamped self-addressed envelope to the Promoter within 10 weeks of the end of the Promotion Period, as required by the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising and Direct & Promotional Marketing (the “Code”). The Promoter may also be asked to provide the same details to the Advertising Standards Authority (“ASA”) who publish and enforce the Code. This use of the winner’s data is necessary for the Promoter’s legitimate interests in complying with the Code. Winners who do not wish the Promoter to disclose these details to members of the public who request them, should let the Promoter know as soon as possible by emailing: email@example.com. Winners may also object to the disclosure to the ASA by emailing the same address, giving reasons. The Promoter will take these reasons into account if the ASA asks for the winners’ details. Please note, however, that the Promoter may nevertheless still be required to disclose this information to the ASA. This may happen where, for example, the Promoter is required to demonstrate that a valid award took place.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties agree that any dispute or action arising under or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
- 12. The decisions of the promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any personal data relating to participants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be used for marketing purposes without the individual's prior consent.
- Winners may be required to participate in related publicity without further reward. E.g.: be photographed for website/newspaper stories, provide a short statement about their win.